Plasma cleaning, etching, surface treatment
Tergeo and Tergeo-plus plasma treatment systems
- Low cost high performance laboratory plasma cleaners built upon the technology developed at the Plasma and Ion Source Technology group in Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Unique patent pending plasma sensor technology for quantitative plasma strength measurement. Quantitative data is the key to achieve repeatable and consistent results in scientific experiments and industrial production applications.
- Direct immersion mode plasma cleaning and downstream mode plasma cleaning in one system. A versatile system for wide range of plasma etching, cleaning and surface treatment applications
- Intuitive touchscreen user interface with fully automatic operation and advanced process control technology such as plasma sensor, digital pressure sensor and automatic MFC regulated gas flow control. Once the recipe is optimized, no process variation for different users or on different days. It supports 20 customizable recipes.
Please contact us for a price quote today!
Why choose Tergeo plasma cleaner
- Better plasma uniformity with external electrode design
- Unique plasma sensor technology for quantitative plasma strength measurement
- Advanced process control technology
- Direct immersion mode and downstream plasma processing mode in one system
- Mass flow controller (MFC) regulated gas input instead of manual rotameter or coarse needle valve
- Advanced digital pressure sensor for accurate pressure monitoring
- Fully automatic operation with 20 recipe support
- Intuitive resistive touchscreen user interface
- External RF electrode and quartz chamber can eliminate the metal contamination issue on plasma systems with internal metal electrodes
- High frequency 13.56MHz rf power supply with automatic impedance matching to reduce energetic ion sputtering damage in KHz rf system
Intelligent and intuitive design
We understand the importance of consistency and repeatability for scientific research and production runs. Therefore, we integrated multiple process control technologies to monitor and control the critical parameters, such as plasma sensor, pressure sensor and automatic mass flow controller for gas input. The operation of Tergeo plasma cleaner is fully automatic. Intuitive user interface together with 7-inch touchscreen make the operation of a scientific instrument as easy as a smart pad. Imbedded microcontroller supports 20 customizable recipes. With advanced process control technologies, Tergeo series plasma treatment system can deliver repeatable performance in day to day operation for different users.
Touchscreen controller and intuitive user interface
Quantitative plasma measurement technology
Tergeo series plasma cleaner integrated patent-pending plasma sensor technology from PIE Scientific. Plasma strength is measured quantitatively and displayed on the LCD touchscreen controller in real time. Quantitative data is the key to achieve repeatable and consistent results. With the help of the plasma sensor, user doesn't need to be a plasma expert to optimize recipes for their applications.
Immersion and downstream plasma processing modes in one system
Direct immersion mode plasma cleaning, plasma is generated inside the sample chamber. Samples are immersed in plasma.
Tergeo series plasma cleaners are the most advanced tabletop plasma cleaners in the market. Unlike most other plasma cleaners, Tergeo series plasma cleaners have integrated two different plasma sources in one machine----an in-situ plasma source and a remote plasma source. Main sample chamber is made of high purity quartz tube. When plasma is generated inside the main sample chamber, it is called immersion mode processing. Samples are immersed in plasma in this operation mode. Samples are subject to both energetic ion bombardment and chemical reaction with neutral radical species. Immersion mode processing is good for high speed etching, surface modification. However, if the sample contains thin gate oxide, ESD sensitive device, anti-reflective coating, graphene, nanotube nano particles, DLC (diamond-like carbon), carbon fiber or holey carbon grid for TEM, immersion mode processing may cause irreversible damage to the sample. In this case, downstream processing mode is recommended. In this mode, plasma is generated inside a remote plasma source attached to the side of the main sample chamber. Only neutral radical species generated inside the remote plasma source can diffuse into the sample chamber and etch away contaminants on the sample surface. Energetic ions are confined in the remote plasma source. Therefore, there is no ion sputtering damage to the sample surface.
Recipe and job sequence
A recipe controls the selection of plasma processing mode (immersion or downstream), gas flow rate from different gas channels, rf power level, rf pulse duty ratio, cleaning time and purging action after cleaning. One recipe can only perform single plasma treatment step. Tergeo plasma cleaner also supports "Job sequence" operation. A job sequence executes up to three processing steps (e.g. three recipes) sequentially with just one click.
Pulsed plasma sometimes can change discharge chemistry and alter the properties of the deposited film compared with traditional CW plasma. Research also indicates that etch/deposition rate can be maintained in pulsed operation despite lower average power. In the meantime, "dust" particle formation, trenching, notching, and charging damage can be reduced. For fluorocarbon PECVD process, pulsed operation can yield rougher surface structure and providing greater hydrophobicity. Tergeo plasma system can be pulsed at 480Hz. Duty ratio can be varied from 1/256 to CW. Pulsed operation on Tergeo plasma treatment system provide a new dimension for researchers to explore the novice characteristics of plasma processing for etching and film deposition
Pulsed mode operation can ignite plasma at high pressure with lower average power.