- Photoresist ashing, descum, and silicon wafer cleaning
- PDMS, microfluidics, glass slides, and lab-on-a-chip
- SEM/TEM sample cleaning for hydrocarbon contamination removal
- Wire bonding, flip-chip underfill, device encapsulation, and decapsulation
- Improve bonding for metal to metal or composite
- Improve bonding for plastic, polymer, and composite materials
Tergeo and Tergeo-plus oxygen plasma cleaner
Oxygen plasma has wide applications in photoresist stripping, descum, organic contamination removal, generating surface functional groups (hydroxyl and carboxyl moieties) to improve adhesive bonding and coating strength. It can turn the hydrophobic surface of the silicon wafer, PDMS, metal, plastic, polymer, and composite materials into hydrophilic. Oxygen plasma etching can also increase the surface roughness of polymer, thus improve bonding strength. Oxygen plasma treatment also has wide application in device packagings, such as wire bonding, die-attach, flip-chip underfill, and device encapsulation. Oxygen plasma treatment is an important step for microfluidic device fabrication by increasing surface wettability and bonding strength of silicon, glass, and PDMS.