Tergeo-Plus Tabletop Plasma System
The only difference between Tergeo-plus and Tergeo plasma cleaner is the size of the sample chamber and rf power. The inner diameter of the sample chamber has been increased from 4.3″/110mm in Tergeo to 6.3″/160mm in Tergeo-plus. The depth of the sample chamber is the same, e.g. 11″/280mm.
Click here to learn more about the advantages of Tergeo plasma cleaner over competitors
Application of Tergeo-plus plasma cleaner is similar as the standard Tergeo plasma cleaner, except that it can accommodate larger samples. Here are list of typical applications:
- Wire bonding, flip-chip underfill, device encapsulation, and decapsulation
- SEM/TEM sample cleaning for carbonaceous contamination removal and oxide reduction
- Surface treat before biomedical coating and improve hydrophilicity of medical implants
- Optics, glass and substrate cleaning before epoxy bonding
- Photoresist ashing, descum and silicon wafer cleaning
- PDMS, microfluidics, glass slides and lab-on-a-chip
- Improve bonding for metal to metal or composite
- Improve bonding for plastic, polymer and composite materials
- TÜV Rheinland certified and confirm to UL, IEC and CSA 61010-1 safety standards. NRTL compliant!
- Large sample chamber (ID:160mm, L280mm). Enough to accommodate a 4-inch wafer boat and one 6-inch wafer.
- Cleaning modes: Direct mode and downstream mode. Dual plasma sources for the two plasma cleaning modes. Direct mode plasma cleaning for high speed etching and surface modification; remote/downstream mode plasma cleaning for gentle surface contamination removal, such as SEM/TEM sample cleaning.
- Continuous and pulsed plasma. Pulse ration can be changed from 100% (continuous) to less than 1%. Tergeo plasma system not only adjusts rf power wattage by 1-watt interval, but also creates continuous and pulsed plasma. Change the plasma intensity by more than several orders of magnitude.
- Operation methods: Automatic recipe execution; automatic job sequence execution; manual operation.
- Plasma sensor: dual plasma strength sensor (patent pending) monitors in-situ plasma source and remote plasma source. Plasma strengths are displayed on the LCD touchscreen display in real-time.
- Advanced process control capabilities: pressure sensor, temperature sensor, gas flow rate meters in MFC, dual plasma strength sensors, automatic impedance matching.
- Chamber materials: Aluminum flange and thick-wall high purity quartz tube offer enhanced chemical resistance and reduction of alkali impurities (Ca, K, Na) found in pyrex glass.
- Sample holder: 2mm thick high purity quartz plate
- Chamber size: inner diameter:160mm; outer diameter: 170mm; depth 280mm
- RF electrodes: External rf electrodes and antenna design reduce metal sputtering compared with internal metal electrodes in other plasma cleaners.
- RF power: 13.56MHz high frequency rf power supply with automatic impedance matching for in-situ plasma source. RF power has three options: 150watt, 300watt and 500watt at 13.56MHz. RF power can be adjust at 1-watt interval. 13.56MHz rf power generates plasma with a much higher density than the low-efficiency KHz power supply.
- Gas input: Up to three MFC controlled gas input (0~100sccm). One additional port for venting and purging. ¼ inch Swagelok compression fitting connectors.
- User interface: 7-inch resistive touchscreen, touch with fingers, no stylus required.
- Recipe and job support: Total 20 customizable recipes. Up to three cleaning steps in the job sequence.
- AC input: 110V~230V universal AC power support
- Pumping port: NW/KF25
- Vacuum pumping speed: 2.0 cfm or higher.
- The ultimate pressure of the vacuum pump: 50mTorr or less