Principle of remote plasma cleaner for contamination removal in SEM, FIB and other high vacuum systems.
Supports SEM, FIB and TEM systems from Zeiss, JEOL, FEI, Hitachi and TESCAN
EM-KLEEN and SEMI-KLEEN plasma cleaner provides a gentle plasma cleaning solution for contamination control in high vacuum systems, such as SEM, FIB, AES, XPS, ALD, EUVL, etc. It consists of a LCD touchscreen controller and a remote plasma source. Remote plasma source should be installed on the vacuum chamber to be cleaned. Controller provides the RF power to the remote plasma source. It breaks down the process gas such as oxygen, hydrogen or other gas mixtures and generates reactive radicals. Radical species will then diffuse into the chamber to be cleaned and react with the contaminants. The byproducts are usually low molecule weight, high vapor pressure molecules that can be easily pumped away. Remote plasma cleaner can clean vacuum chambers and samples at the same time. Our remote plasma cleaners can used on SEM, FIB and TEM systems from Zeiss, JEOL, FEI, Hitachi and TESCAN. EM-KLEEN and SEMI-KLEEN have also been used to remove sample and chamber contaminations in XPS, SIMS, ALD system and other vacuum instruments. Option to support aggressive and sometimes corrosive plasma such as H2, NF3, CF4, NH3 is also available.
SmartClean™ technology developed by PIE Scientific combines the most advanced plasma discharge technology in nuclear research and semiconductor industry. Semi-KLEEN and EM-KLEEN plasma cleaner is far more advanced than previous generations of remote plasma cleaners. Our plasma cleaners can beat competitors on any specification. In addition, many unique features are only available on our product.
Touchscreen controller and remote plasma source for electron microscopes and other high vacuum systems.
All-in-one tabletop plasma cleaner for contamination removal on SEM and TEM samples
- Most tabletop plasma cleaners on the market can only be TEM/SEM plasma cleaner or ordinary plasma cleaner for etching and surface treatment. Tergeo-EM is designed to be an all-in-one laboratory plasma cleaner.
- With dual plasma source design, Tergeo-EM is designed to meet the requirements of almost all the laboratory plasma cleaner applications, such as photoresist ashing, high speed sample cleaning and surface modification, TEM/SEM sample cleaning, etc.
- Front cap can be easily taken out to load large batch of samples into a cylindrical sample chamber (ID: 110 mm and depth of 280 mm). Samples can be placed on a rectangular quartz sample tray (100mmX250mm).
- Immersion mode plasma cleaning can be used for photoresist ashing, PDMS/ MEMS device surface modification, medical device treatment, etc.
- Downstream mode plasma cleaning can be used for fragile sample treatment, such as holey carbon grid for TEM samples, heat and ESD sensitive devices, graphene, etc.